Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Rainy Day

I wasn't going to post anything today since I did nothing but I guess I will anyway. I'm still having trouble sleeping. Went to bed at a decent time because I'm trying to get used to the time changed but I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't go back to sleep. So I got online till 5am and then went back to sleep. I also feel like I'm coming down with a cold...I really hope not. The last thing I need is to get sick the first week I'm here when I need to be getting everything done. I took some echinacea and that seemed to help a bit. That stuff is magic I swear so I'll just keep taking that this week and it should keep that cold at bay. Lack of sleep is not helping that's for sure. So I didn't get my paper work turned in today. It was pouring and I would've had to walk to 4 different places around town. So I guess I'll go with the group tomorrow to turn everything in. I'm having to dish out more money. €50 for tuition and then I have to pay a monthly fee of around €70 for health insurance if they don't accept my American one (which I have a feeling they will not). So tired of having to spend money. I know after this first month it will even out but after paying for a plane ticket, luggage, rent, security deposit, ECU tuition, and supplies I feel very broke. I am trying to keep my groceries down to €20 a week and that's working so far but I feel like I'm eating too many carbs. I saw a produce market in town yesterday so I might check that out next time I need groceries since it might be a little cheaper. I really need a crock pot. I keep finding all these easy inexpensive recipes but I don't have the money to go out and buy one. A hair dryer and coffee maker are higher on my list. It's supposed to rain again tomorrow but I have to get stuff done so I can't stay inside and sleep again. I'm really bummed that I'm going to miss Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, South Park and all my other shows but by the time I get back they should be on Netflix or DVD so I won't have to deal with commercials. Only thing I've achieved over here so far is beating Borderlands 2 haha. Hopefully I will have a more exciting post soon. I will try to keep the boring posts to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment