Sunday, May 26, 2013

Berlin

On Monday I walked around the Wave-Gotik-Treffen till lunch time and then took a train to Berlin where I met my tandem partner Karen and her friend. They were really sweet and gave me a "Berlin at night" tour haha Then the next day we were really lucky and had nice weather to go sight seeing. It was a very rushed experience since I wanted to see as much of Berlin as I could in only one day. I think I did pretty well though since I got to see the Berlin wall, the Brandenburger Tor, Siegessaeule, Museumsinsel, Lustgarten, and a lot more. I was about to pass out after looking at the museums so we went home a bit early. Karen's friend was so sweet and bubbly and made us dinner and breakfast. I had to pop that disgusting blister on my foot and then could barely walk for the next couple days. That's what I get for wearing heels all day. I had a lot of fun with Karen and her friend and it was very good for my German. I got to learn lots of new words over this trip! Mostly slang haha It's so hard for me to understand people my age speaking German because they talk so fast and use slang that I don't understand. But I've learned that if I can figure out the meaning of "doch" I'll be fine. They use it SO much and it's really hard to translate. I kind of have it figured out, but not quite. I would love to go back to Berlin for a concert or something and spend some more time there. It was so nice when you weren't in the touristy areas where it was packed.










 These guys were amazing. I couldn't stand still for that long.

 In my rush I took a lot of sideways pictures...*sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment