Monday, May 13, 2013

Frühlingsfest

Yesterday I went to the Frühlingfest in Stuttgart with some friends. I wasn't sure what to expect other than beer tents and carnival rides but it was definitely a trip to take with friends. The festival was a lot of fun even though I don't drink beer or eat wurst. The rides were to expensive to go on and it rained some while we were there but it was so much fun seeing everyone dressed in Drindl and Lederhosen drinking, singing, and dancing. I really wanted to buy a Drindl but the ones on sale there were very expensive. I was told you can buy them on ebay for about $30 but I'm not sure when I would ever wear one since there are no more festivals while I'm here. So I just settled for a hat instead. Didn't actually drink any beer, just posed with it haha I've tasted several since I've been here and still haven't found one that doesn't taste terrible to me. It was a lot of fun meeting new people and spending time with friends. I really enjoyed being immersed in the German culture. Everyone singing together and just enjoying each others company. I can't wait for next weekend when I get to travel more.





















No comments:

Post a Comment