Sunday, May 5, 2013

Hanami



I wanted to get out of Tübingen this weekend so my friend invited me to an Anime Convention near Mannheim. I didn't bring any cosplays with me because of weight and space issues but it still sounded fun. So four hours and 3 trains later I was there and it was raining. It was very small compared to cons in the USA but there were lots of vendors inside and out and lots of cosplayers. I wandered around for a few hours taking pictures while I waited for my friends to get there by car. I loved how many League of Legends cosplays there were and all the hand made stuff (it's very hard to get costuming stuff in Germany it seems). I feel spoiled in the USA now where I can buy wigs, theater make-up, etc whenever I want and in Germany you have to either order it online for a high price or wait till Halloween and even then there wasn't much of a selection. After my friends got there we walked around more, went to the cosplay contest where people made up skits and songs to perform. Then we ate and walked around some more. Convention stuff is normally really expensive but it was ridiculous here. They wanted 12-50€ for stuffed animals...So I bought some cat ears for 4€ to feel like I was cosplaying a little bit and a key chain for my backpack and that was it. My friend is in Japan at the moment and she gets awesome anime stuff for dirt cheap so she's going to hook me up when I get home ^_^




 Guilty Crown, Sucker Punch
 Jessica Rabbit
 Ashe, Soraka, Darkflame Shyvana
 Annie and Tibbers
 Black Rock Shooter
 Lizzy, Madam Red, Grell
 Amaimon and Mephisto
 Upstairs

 So gloomy
 Sebastian and Wonderland Grell


 Iron (wo)man and Captain America
 Belle and Adam
 Thomas

 Skyrim and World of Warcraft
 Cosplay contest winners
 Ahri
 My Little Pony
 Sun finally came out and it was packed
 Fiddlesticks

 Had a good time, was just really tired by the time I got home at midnight. I look forward to my big traveling week and hope I get to go to all the places I plan to. Bis später!

No comments:

Post a Comment