Saturday, January 5, 2013

Silvester and Wilhelma

I am a terrible blogger >.< Well after Christmas I spent New Years Eve (Silvester) with friends. Germans don't celebrate New Years till after midnight...so strange. So we went to Kuckucks at 1:30am and danced till 6am haha I was so tired. It was fun though since there weren't that many people there like at halloween where it was packed. Germans also love their fireworks..We almost got hit by people throwing them from the balcony on the way to Kuckucks. Plus there were more professional fireworks going on that we have at 4th of July. It was crazy.

 Model in train station

  After New years my friend (Betty) and I went to Wilhelma which is the zoo and botanical garden in Stuttgart. It was kind of disappointing since the garden was all dead and it was raining and cold. The zoo part was ok. I didn't care for the lack of habitat for the animals. Plus most of them seemed on edge the whole time. I had fun hanging out with my friend though and I finally went somewhere not in Tübingen haha When you've been raised on the Wild Animal Park and San Diego zoo, everything else just pales in comparison. Plus I don't have a good time if I feel the animals aren't being treated right. Makes me sad.

Sad looking botanical garden

Natural Science Museum 
 




Very graphic statues around the zoo haha


 very stressed snow leopard :(
 Betty and the mountain goats!





 They did have an awesome bat room :)
 Sumatran tiger kept pacing and roaring
Giraffes in their bedroom
 Snowy Owl (Hedwig! :3)




No comments:

Post a Comment